Glenview Counseling Group strives to be a leader in mental health and substance abuse education within our community of counselors, therapists, social workers and members of all other disciplines that interact with our population
Illinois Social Workers and Professional Counselors may earn Continuing Education credits by completing any of our trainings. If you are licensed in a different field please check with your regulating body to see if our trainings meet the requirements for your professional education credits.
We will update this list regularly, so please don't hesitate to add yourself to our mailing list here.
Treating Perfectionism as a Clinical Issue
WHAT: Please join Glenview Counseling Group for our hybrid virtual & in-person training, Treating Perfectionism as a Clinical Issue. Participants will:
- Be able to identify transdiagnostic perfectionistic belief systems and behaviors that perpetuate stress, anxiety, and impairment for individuals
- Be able to recognize how perfectionistic tendencies can interfere with the therapeutic process and identify how to work with treatment-interfering behaviors
- Learn evidence-based treatment strategies of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Exposure and Response prevention (ERP) to target maladaptive perfectionistic tendencies
WHEN: Friday, June 2nd. 9:00am - 11:00am
WHERE: In Person: Glenview Counseling Group: 3633 W. Lake Ave., Suite 300, Glenview, IL.
Virtual: Ticket holders will receive a link for our Zoom Seminar.
WHO: This event is designed to help clinicians who are interested in learning about the treatment of perfectionism.
COST: Early-Bird:$50 through April (Use Promo Code EARLYBIRD).
Regular Registration: $60 beginning May 1st.
CREDITS: Illinois Social Workers and Professional Counselors will also receive 2 CE credits.
PRESENTER: Taylor Newendorp, MA, LCPC
Child & Adolescent OCD: From Diagnosis to Recovery
WHAT: Please join Glenview Counseling Group for our in-person training, Child & Adolescent OCD: From Diagnosis to Recovery. Participants will:
- Learn to identify OCD in children & adolescents
- Differentiate between OCD subtypes, especially lesser-known subtypes
- Understand evidence-based treatment options for OCD
- Know when to treat, consult or refer clients with OCD
WHEN: Friday, March 10th. 9:00am - 11:00am
WHERE: Glenview Counseling Group: 3633 W. Lake Ave., Suite 300, Glenview, IL. This is an in-person training limited to a 20-person capacity.
WHO: This event is designed to help clinicians who are interested in learning about OCD but may not have much experience in treating it.
COST: $60. Illinois Social Workers and Professional Counselors will also receive 2 CE credits.
PRESENTERS: Michael Blumberg, LCPC & Jessie Lankford, LCSW
REGISTRATION: For more information or to register for this training please click below.